2nd Shift Maintenance Technician
Since 1980, ProTech Industries has grown to be one of the leading manufacturers in aftermarket truck accessories for the light, tractor trailer, and Class 8 markets. We employ leading metal fabrication craftsmen, innovative custom designers, and one of the best Customer Service teams in the nation. If you are a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and goal oriented team player, ProTech is the right place for you. We offer a competitive pay structure, full benefits, and above all else, a fun and always challenging work environment. Start a new adventure by submitting your resume to Protech Industries today!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a safe work environment. PPE and safe practices are essential.
- Responsible for closing the facility (swing shift).
- Perform the weekly/monthly preventive maintenance and repairs on production equipment including welders, press brakes, shears, punches, etc.
- Perform repairs to production and office buildings such as plumbing, lighting, electrical, doors etc.
- Facilitate and complete maintenance work order request forms and preventive maintenance check sheets.
- Initiate production and facility improvement projects.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies.
- Understanding of PLC, Including troubleshooting and repair
- Understand the importance of safety in the work place, safety is our number one priority.
- Working knowledge of preventative maintenance routines.
- Requires 2 years of maintenance knowledge and skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interact with team members and other departments to solve problems.
- Must be flexible with extended hours and weekends including emergency repairs after shift if needed.
- Capable of methodically trouble shooting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Capable of performing, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic repairs.
- Ability to acquire new skill quickly and retain knowledge..
- Requires electrical experience- 110v, 480v, and control panels.
- Maintenance welding experience-Steel MIG a plus.
- Fabrication experience- Shearing, notching, sawing, grinding, simple design a plus.
- Always wear required PPE, safety is our first priority
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- May be exposed to metal dust, tools and machinery found in a manufacturing environment.
Fast-paced, customs manufacturing environment; subject to numerous priority changes.