2nd Shift – Material Handler
Since 1980, ProTech Industries has grown to be one of the leading manufacturers in aftermarket truck accessories for the light, tractor trailer, and Class 8 markets. We employ leading metal fabrication craftsmen, innovative custom designers, and one of the best Customer Service teams in the nation. If you are a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and goal oriented team player, ProTech is the right place for you. We offer a competitive pay structure, full benefits, and above all else, a fun and always challenging work environment. Start a new adventure by submitting your resume to Protech Industries today!
Performs a variety of coordinating, routing, and material handling duties to meet production schedules. Ensures materials are properly routed. Picks up and delivers materials within the company. May maintain records on material flow. May monitor flow of materials and parts between departments. May expedite parts to remedy shortage problems.
- Coordinates, routes ad handles material
- Properly routes material
- Picks up and delivers material within the facility
- May maintain records on material flow
- May monitor flow of materials and parts between departments
- May expedite parts to remedy shortage problems
- Empty garbage cans throughout the facility
- Empty cardboard and vinyl bind throughout the facility
- Deliver packages to corresponding areas that have been received by shipping
- Unloads inbound raw material deliveries
- Pick up purchase orders from surrounding vendors
- Disposition and weigh scrap generated from plant
- Maintains supermarket and VMI
- Replenishes supermarket with use of Kanban cards or reorder at order points
- Moves parts from press to departments
- Moves material from shear to turret
- Fills finished goods Kanban
- Maintain consumables for the shop
- PORV all inbound deliveries and shipments
Works under general supervision on a wide range of assignments that require a substantial knowledge of the discipline or function. Follows established procedures, processes, or policies, but is expected to use judgment in resolving issues or recommending solutions. May participate in project teams or lead portions of projects. Has a thorough knowledge of the basic principles, practices, and processes in the applicable discipline and has a working knowledge of related fields. Provides resolutions from basic to moderately complex problems. Exercises judgment within procedures and practices in selecting methods and techniques for arriving at solutions.
- We pay the entire premium cost for medical and dental benefits for employees after 90 days.
- We fund roughly 70% of the dependent costs for insurance.
- We offer 401k with a company match of $.50 on the dollar up to 6%
- We offer sick time immediately upon hire and an anniversary based time off policy along with 8 paid holidays a year.
- We provide $100,000 Life Insurance & AD/D policies for all employees.
- We also have Employee Assistance Programs, appreciation gifts, employee events, and much more!