Accounts Payable Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Vendor Master file and insure that we possess all required W-9 documentation
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to entry
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch, NetSuite experience a plus
- Ability to type 60-65 wpm
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to speak and write English
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
· We pay the entire premium cost for medical and dental benefits for employees on the 1st of the month after 60 days of active employment.
· We fund roughly 70% of the dependent costs for insurance.
· We offer 401k with a company match of $.50 on the dollar up to 6%
· We offer sick time immediately upon hire and an anniversary-based time off policy along with 10 paid holidays a year.
· We provide $100,000 Life Insurance & AD/D policies for all employees.
- We also have Employee Assistance Programs, appreciation gifts, employee events, and much more!