Accounts Receivable Specialist
To perform this job successfully, an individual is in training and developing their ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process customer invoice from prior day’s shipments. Including mailing or emailing invoices to customers.
• File daily shipping documents and maintain organized records.
• Process and post daily cash receipts from mail, PO Box, and electronic receipts.
• Process daily credit card receipts.
• Obtain credit information for new customers and set up in system.
• Respond to all customer requests involving their account; including issuing credit after RGA is processed.
• Review customer accounts; Hold/release orders depending on credit status.
• Make collection calls or emails to obtain payment statuses on past due invoices and report weekly progress.
• Print Statements; distribute using most effective method (i.e. Email, USPS).
• Provide collections analysis for aging receivables and collection plans as needed.
• Post Journal Entries.
• Drive daily to the Post Office and as needed to the bank.
• Other duties and responsibilities as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 1+ years of Accounts Receivable experience.
· High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
· Net Suite experience a plus.
· Understand basic accounting principles, credit, and collection policies.
· Must have strong work ethics and multi-tasking skills.
· Must be well organized and a self-starter.
· Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
· Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch.
· Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills, documentation skills, and research and resolution skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional manner.
· Ability to speak and write English.
· Must have a car to be able to make a trip to the Post office daily.
· We pay the entire premium cost for medical and dental benefits for employees on the 1st of the month after 60 days of active employment.
· We fund roughly 70% of the dependent costs for insurance.
· We offer 401k with a company match of $.50 on the dollar up to 6%
· We offer sick time immediately upon hire and an anniversary-based time off policy along with 10 paid holidays a year.
· We provide $100,000 Life Insurance & AD/D policies for all employees.
- We also have Employee Assistance Programs, appreciation gifts, employee events, and much more!