Accounts Receivable Specialist
Since 1980, ProTech Industries has grown to be one of the leading manufacturers in aftermarket truck accessories for the light, tractor trailer, and Class 8 markets. We employ leading metal fabrication craftsmen, innovative custom designers, and one of the best Customer Service teams in the nation. If you are a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and goal oriented team player, ProTech is the right place for you. We offer a competitive pay structure, full benefits, and above all else, a fun and always challenging work environment. Start a new adventure by submitting your resume to ProTech Industries today!
Process account receivables and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures. Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivables’ data. Prepare bank deposits. Facilitate on time payment of invoices by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is in training and developing their ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Process customer invoice from prior day’s shipments. Including mailing or emailing invoices to customers.
- File daily shipping documents and maintain organized records.
- Process and post daily cash receipts from mail, PO Box, and electronic receipts.
- Process daily credit card receipts.
- Obtain credit information for new customers and set up in system.
- Respond to all customer requests involving their account; including issuing credit after RGA is processed.
- Review customer accounts; Hold/release orders depending on credit status.
- Make collection calls or emails to obtain payment statuses on past due invoices and report weekly progress.
- Print Statements; distribute using most effective method (i.e. Email, USPS).
- Provide collections analysis for aging receivables and collection plans as needed.
- Post Journal Entries.
- Drive daily to the Post Office and as needed to the bank.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.
- Net Suite experience a plus.
- Understand basic accounting principles, credit, and collection policies.
- Must have strong work ethics and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable.
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, documentation skills, and research and resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- Must have a car to be able to make a trip to the Post office daily.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- May be exposed to metal dust, tools and machinery found in a manufacturing environment.
- Fast-paced environment; subject to numerous priority changes requiring ability to track, follow up and ensure customer needs are met.