Since 1980, ProTech has been making rugged accessories for working Class 8, Medium Duty, and Light Trucks. We employ innovative custom designers, engineers, metal fabrication craftsmen, and one of the best Customer Service teams in the nation. If you are a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and goal oriented team player, ProTech is the right place for you. We offer a competitive pay structure, full benefits, and above all else, a fun and always challenging work environment. Start a new adventure by submitting your resume to ProTech Industries today.
The Buyer is a professional who works in the Operations sector of ProTech’s organization and reports to the VP of Operations. The Buyer’s main role is to manage purchased material replenishment throughout the factory. The primary goal is to optimize efficiency and output of factory resources by putting the right parts in the right place at the right time – all with an eye on providing the best customer experience through on-time shipment of orders, availability of product in finished goods programs, and minimal lead time on custom projects.
Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Acquires and maintains technical understanding of products purchased. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities. Obtains materials, components, equipment and services. Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Develops and executes optimal replenishment strategies on part-by-part and/or supplier-by-supplier basis.
· Works with manufacturing operations to understand capacity constraints and changes driving updated replenishment strategies, in order to “stay ahead” of need with material supply, following purchasing procedures to obtain approved materials, components and equipment.
· Comprehensive management of total supply chain – production material, non-production material, logistics, etc. – developing and implementing strategies alongside operations management. Focus areas of lean supply garnering uninterrupted manufacturing operations.
· Responsible for laying out internal factory min/max, 2-bin and other Visual Replenishment Systems (VRS), with the goal of aligning external replenishment accordingly.
· Proactively communicate with sales team to anticipate material needs and order custom material in alignment with project timeline.
· Continually optimize data integrity and use of ERP system, as it pertains to purchased material.
· Oversee physical inventory storage and accounting processes and continually improve efficiency and accuracy.
· Develop and report KPI’s, with oversight and participation from operations management.
· Evaluate supplier costs & reliability, develop new supply sources where suppliers are deemed inadequate.
· Monitor costs, schedule and scope of material requests.
· Respond to inquiries regarding material issues – drive to root cause and closure with supplier in a timely manner, when applicable.
· Express judgment in the use of defined procedures and best practices.
· Seek guidance when judgment outside of established practices is needed.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.