Customer Service Representative I is in training to learn how to provide all aspects of the customer experience at ProTech. CSR I’s help the company to maintain growing and profitable relationships with our customers. CSR I’s are in training to learn accountability for the customer experience and the delivery of timely and accurate customer order information. The CSR I’s role includes:
- Serving as the face of ProTech to our customers, facilitating and guiding them through every step of the process while working with our business.
- Diligent focus on exceeding our customer’s expectations and ensuring that they want to work with us again and again; delighting customers every day is the goal.
- Contributing to both the Customer Service Team and current home department in a way that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
Because CSR I’s are in contact with current and prospective customers every day, they are in a strong position to influence the buying decision. In order to succeed, this position requires tact, sensitivity, integrity, and professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support Customer Sales through service, limited but accurate order entry, education, and effective problem solving (including the involvement of appropriate team members as needed.)
- Learn how to process customer orders in a courteous, efficient, and timely manner.
- Learn how to effectively present and discuss the products and services of the company in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity and superior understanding of customer needs.
- Conduct telephone calls and in-person interactions professionally and efficiently.
- Learn how to attend to customer questions, complaints and concerns immediately, and facilitate satisfactory resolution.
- Communicate effectively with CSRs, Outside Sales, Production Planning, Design, and Operational Support teams to learn all aspects of CSR role and how to perform properly.
- Participate as a key team player by supporting all departments as needed.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards & comply with all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & command of the English language in both written and verbal forms.
- Strong attention to details, possessing a sales aptitude and interested in preventing errors and solving problems.
- Good sense of design and application of products.
- Must be able to work in a Microsoft Office environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Appearance must represent the company image (at all times).
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- May be exposed to metal dust, tools and machinery found in a manufacturing environment.
- Fast-paced environment; subject to numerous priority changes requiring ability to track, follow up and ensure customer needs are met.
- This is an in-office role. Customer call hours are roughly from 5AM-4PM PST, so CSR’s must be in office to answer calls during those times. Working from home is not permitted.