Engineering Services Drafter
The Engineering Services Drafting Technician, completes, oversees and administers development and change to ProTech engineering design and BOM documentation for released (active) products. Primary task is creating drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of machinery and mechanical devices in the ProTech product set.
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Finalizes full detail drafting and BOM creation in implementing change to released product designs.
- Provide details on component descriptions.
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components of standard and custom products.
- Consult technical handbooks and tables while in drafting phase.
- Resolve design problems and review/analyze specifications.
- Explain concepts to manufacturers.
- Complete and store drawings electronically.
- Applies ProTech design standards to all drafting and BOM efforts on released products.
- Responsible for closure of engineering change requests on a pace equal to that of submittal, as well as within established aging requirements.
- Participate in the on-going development and continuous improvement of ProTech design standards and adherence methods.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED required, 2 year Degree preferred
- 3+ years of Solidworks drafting required
- Thorough understanding of GD&T principles, including the application of ANSI Y14.5-2009 standards
- Experience in mechanical and/or industrial drafting required
- Ability to generate detailed part, assembly, and interface drawings
- Must possess good mechanical design skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of laws of design form/fit/function and interchangeability
- General knowledge of common practice standards indented BOM creation
- Process discipline
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- May be exposed to metal dust, tools and machinery found in a manufacturing environment.
- Fast-paced, customs manufacturing environment; subject to numerous priority changes requiring ability to track, follow up and ensure customer needs are met.