Product Design Engineer
Since 1980, ProTech Industries has grown to be one of the leading manufacturers in aftermarket truck accessories for the light, tractor trailer, and Class 8 markets. We employ leading metal fabrication craftsmen, innovative custom designers, and one of the best Customer Service teams in the nation. If you are a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and goal oriented team player, ProTech is the right place for you. We offer a competitive pay structure, full benefits, and above all else, a fun and always challenging work environment. Start a new adventure by submitting your resume to ProTech Industries today!
The Design Engineer will select and apply standard engineering principles and procedures in the design and development of new products. This will require coordination of internal company activities related to design projects, working closely with individuals on the team and across all functions of the organization to execute project activities. The Design Engineer may also interface with OEM customers as a part of the design and development of the highest quality automotive, work truck, and Class 8 aftermarket products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop new products or product families, including custom products.
- Establish test procedures for quality assurance of finished product.
- Work with external resources to resolve product development issues.
- Work with external design resources to ensure quality design and performance.
- Interface and communicate with customers as needed, including OEM engineers.
- Participate as a key team player by supporting all departments as needed.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in company manuals.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or related Engineering field.
- Four or more years hands on mechanical engineering experience within automotive industry.
- Strong analytical skills and hands-on mechanical skills.
- Experience with 3D CAD required, SolidWorks preferred. Bonus consideration for PDM/PLM experience.
- Working knowledge of fabrication shop equipment such as lasers, press brakes, welders, and robots. Bonus consideration for machined part creation experience.
- Proven ability to successfully organize and execute multiple new product development projects in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong knowledge of ASME Y14.5 and related stack analysis.
- Work will be performed at a desk/PC as well as in a shop environment.
- Ability to negotiate critical and controversial issues with high level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
- Must be able to work in a Microsoft environment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Appearance at all times must represent the company image.
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- May be exposed to metal dust, tools and machinery found in a manufacturing environment.
- Fast-paced environment; subject to numerous priority changes requiring ability to track, follow up and ensure customer needs are met.