Value Stream Manager – Fabrication
Since 1980, ProTech has been making rugged accessories for working Class 8, Medium Duty, and Light Trucks. We employ innovative custom designers, engineers, metal fabrication craftsmen, and one of the best Customer Service teams in the nation. If you are a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and goal oriented team player, ProTech is the right place for you. We offer a competitive pay structure, full benefits, and above all else, a fun and always challenging work environment. Start a new adventure by submitting your resume to ProTech Industries today.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the safety and productivity of all employees assigned to designated shift
- Enforce all safety and processing procedures
- Participate or lead all appropriate investigations relating to process improvement, corrective and preventive action.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place, setting the example in 5S for all other departments.
- Assure shift start-up, change and shutdown activities are clearly captured in standard work and adherence is visible.
- Enable effective communications between management and employees
- Assure all employees receive the appropriate amount of training and coaching, especially new employees
- Suggest and implement cost-saving ideas, especially when also connected to safety and/or quality.
- Monitor workers on site during production activities to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality, working with management and maintenance on TPM.
- Ensure that products and goods manufactured meet quality standards obtainable in the industry.
- Motivate workers to enhance production quantity and at the same time maintain high production standards.
- Audit finished products to ensure quality, and that industry standards are met before they are declared ready for use
- Keep records of workers performance.
- Keep records of equipment, budgets, and supplies and make them available to management for evaluation.
- Ensure that work materials are present and visible at all times necessary.
- Experience in using Lean Manufacturing principles in a job shop environment.
- Experience in leading a team of highly skilled employees.
- Ability to clearly communicate in written and verbal format.
- Ability to read and interpret fabrication drawings and instructions.
- Ability to apply basic algebra skills to fractions and decimals using both the metric and English measurement system.
- Knowledge of materials, and their properties, used in the ProTech manufacturing process.
- Experience in TIG and MIG welding to high cosmetic standards.
- Experience in using fabrication equipment such as shears, brakes, and punches.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Degree in technical or relevant field preferred.
- 4-5 years of manufacturing experience.
- Forklift certified within 30 days from date of hire.