Since 1980, ProTech Industries has grown to be one of the leading manufacturers in aftermarket truck accessories for the light, tractor trailer, medium duty, and Class 8 markets. We employ leading metal fabrication craftsmen, innovative custom designers, and one of the best Customer Service teams in the nation. If you are a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented team player, ProTech is the right place for you. We offer a competitive pay structure, full benefits, and above all else, a fun and always challenging work environment. Start a new adventure by submitting your resume to ProTech Industries today!
Function: Produce components by welding parts and sub-assemblies.
- Perform job tasks keeping safety first.
- Willing to be flexible with work hours, departments, and schedules.
- Must be a team player and be able to read product prints.
- Self-assess work and use good judgment to ensure that a quality product is produced.
- Strong work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy.
- Automotive/Mechanical knowledge is desired.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a production welder with MIG and TIG welding experience
- Must pass pre-employment tests including weld test and drug screen.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, and determines sequence of operations.
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly/tacking and or welding using prescribed fixtures and proper work procedures.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as MIG and TIG welding machines, Grinders ETC.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or portable grinders.
- Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Must be able to lift, pull, push and/or carry up to 50lbs
- Must have manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position such as: standing, walking, kneeling, bending, squatting, etc.
COMPENSATION TO COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
- We pay the entire premium cost for medical and dental benefits for employees on the 1st of the month after 60 days of active employment.
- We fund roughly 70% of the dependent costs for insurance.
- We offer 401k with a company match of $.50 on the dollar up to 6%
- We offer sick time immediately upon hire and an anniversary-based time off policy along with 8 paid holidays a year.
- We provide $100,000 Life Insurance & AD/D policies for all employees.
- We also have Employee Assistance Programs, appreciation gifts, employee events, and much more!